The deadline for this role has passed and we are no longer accepting applications.
Virtual Event Livestream Engineer (Work with us to choose your own job title!)
Hours: 20hrs per week structured around our events schedule. (Applicants who would like fewer or more hours will also be considered)
Salary: circa €19,200 / £16,200
(full-time equivalent circa €35,600 / £30,000)
Reporting to: Senior Management
Location: Remote and flexible. Work from where you want, when you want.
About the role
Joining our existing team of Livestream Engineers to increase our capacity, this person will be responsible for the live production of our clients’ and our own virtual events. After receiving the final event briefing from our Account Managers and clients you will bring our events to life, supported by our team. Following the event programme, you will use a simple point-and-click interface (for which you’ll receive full training) to activate various speakers, branding, messaging and media content. You’ll co-ordinate our virtual backstage area, communicating and supporting our speakers and staff.
Your role includes:
- Communicating with speakers and supporting them to feel comfortable and confident.
- Use of various online tools, including our own and third-party software such as Restream.io, Streamyard, OBS, Vimeo, YouTube and more (experience ideal but not essential)
- Ensuring live and pre-recorded video transitions are smooth and professional
- Virtual ‘dress rehearsals’ and demonstrations with clients and speakers with support from Account Managers.
- Following event programme/run-sheet and keeping events on-time and as agreed.
- Debriefing post-event to the Account Managers
- Pre- and post-event production support with basic video editing and administration.
While we do everything in our power to ensure a smooth event, things can go wrong. You will be the calming presence backstage that reacts quickly and follows our own emergency procedures to minimise downtime.
- Everywhere+ Account Managers
- Studio Manager and Editors
- Live event speakers and clients
What we offer
- Work with us to choose your own job title
- Flexible and remote working
- Christmas close down
- 28 days holiday pro-rata plus UK Bank Holidays (includes Christmas close down)
- Training budget
- One day a month pro-rata offline for reflective development
- The support to make business decisions and have influence on the direction of the company
- Support and training from the co-founders on virtual events
What we’re looking for
- Have people skills: you will be able to make speakers and clients feel comfortable backstage
- Are reliable: we run everything from small private virtual events to large public virtual conferences. Our clients and attendees rely on us to be reliable and consistent.
- Have the ability to think on your feet. You’re calm under pressure when things beyond your control go wrong.
- Are confident online: while we’ll train you to use our software, confidence with technology and an eagerness to learn and improve are essential.
While experience in virtual events and livestream software is preferable, full training will be given.
Fundraising Everywhere: We care a lot about making professional and personal development accessible and affordable so all fundraisers have the skills and confidence to change the world. We do this through online events and Membership that puts the fundraiser at the heart of what we do.
Everywhere+: We keep the sector connected to the people who matter with engaging, accessible and effective virtual events. We’ve worked with over 200 third-sector organisations to host webinars, stewardship, engagement and conferences that put the attendee experience at the heart of everything. Oh, and we make it fun too.
You can find more about our values and how we work here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UiYpxfRVuNdAXVVYIQnevvc7-cgkHFvQ/view?usp=sharing
For more information
If you have questions about us or the role, please contact email@example.com
To find out what we’re like to work with, please get in touch with our references who will be happy to send some details.
Referee (Nikki): Andy King firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee (Simon): Dana Segal email@example.com